6.04.2008

Look Mom! No Training Wheels!

So I have to give MAJOR props to my friend Linda, who gave us the tips on how to teach Ethen to ride his bike without training wheels. I have to say we had our doubts that it would work, but DOUBT NO MORE! It REALLY works, and I would suggest to anyone the same technique.


About 3 weeks ago we took off the training wheels AND the pedals of Ethen's bike. He didn't like the idea at first, but got used to pushing himself around with just his feet. On Monday I took him with me on my walk with Fonz at the Logan River Walk. It has hills and bridges and Ethen did really well on the 4 mile walk. At one point there is a hill that he picked his feet up and just cruised all the way down, and then wanted to do it over and over. At that point I knew he had his balance and was ready to try with the pedals on.

Matt held on for the first little bit until he got a handle on his balance..................

And then off he went. All on his own, without looking back.

And we haven't been able to get him off since!

So here is a little video of my BIG BOY riding his bike WITHOUT training wheels. What can I say, I am one proud MAMA, and yes, I cried a little!

6 comments:

Kirsten said...

Great job, Ethen! It's another step that shows you how much they are growing up way too fast!

Fonzareli said...

WAY 2 GO ETHEN! FONZ IS PROUD OF YOU!! LET'S RACE SOMETIME.

Sarah Humble said...

He's already a pro. Good Job Ethan!!

Katie Snedeger said...

Well Don't worry I cried too, not sure why but something about watching him be a big boy and riding his bike.! Wow how cute I can't believe how grown up he is getting He has such an amazing personality, he cracks me up.( By the way did mom tell you about the holy ghost story? If not give me a call it was hilarious!) Tell him we are so proud of him! And by the way your neighborhood looks beautiful! Last time I saw it it was all dirt!

Mama Thompson said...

That is amazing...I am definitely going to remember that tip when Dallin is older. Way to go Ethen!

Ryan and Shelia said...

I am so glad you left a post. It is great to be able to find old friends. Your family is beautiful! Hopefully we will see you this summer sometime. We could even meet in Salt Lake. Take care.
Shelia